Monday, August 22, 2011

Oversleeping? No such thing.

Last night I went to bed at my usual time and followed my usual routine.  Bath, PJs, storytime, rocking chair with lights out and music, and bed.  I was out by 9pm.  I was really tired though, so the next morning instead of waking up at my usual 7-9am, I gave Mommy and me both a treat and slept until 11am.  Actually, I would have slept longer but Mommy woke me up.  I was not happy!  But she woke me up so we could meet Daddy for lunch so that wasn't so bad.  Actually after that I was in a terrific mood and was feeling great and well-rested. 

Anyway, we had a picnic lunch with Daddy at the park, did some shopping, then came home.  I didn't think I would want a nap after my long 14-hour sleep the night before, but I was still tired!  So I took a nap...  a 3-hour nap!  And man, did it feel good.  When I woke up Daddy came home just a minute later, then we had dinner.  Talk about service!  Dad and dinner served up exactly when I want them.  

All the grown-ups were wondering why I slept so much...  well, here's the real reason.  I've been so worked up over the teeth growing in (they hurt!) and this little diaper rash I've had, that I just needed to recoup.  

Tonight I stayed up a little later than usual because of all my sleeping today and last night, but I'm still making it to bed at a reasonable hour.  

PS:  I did sleep all the way through the night that night, my usual amount. I am a good little girl.  Most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment